How Does Kinesio Tape Work?
Through its application process, Kinesio Tape can affect the sensors of the skin. Through manipulation of these sensors, the KT Method can change the healing process of the body. All layers of human body are interconnected: by applying KT on the surface of the skin, it is possible to affect change in much deeper tissue groups.
Kinesio Tape can treat:
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Golfers elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle tightness
- Edema (swelling)
- Bursitis of Joints
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Hammer toe
- Frozen shoulder
And many more..
Kinesio Tape is made from a high grade 100% cotton fabric.
It is latex free and contains a mild type of adhesive that is activated by body heat. Kinesio Tape usually stays on for 3 to 5 days to provide extra muscle support and increased circulation to the area. This increased circulation decreases inflammation and pain.
Please remove your Kinesio Tape if:
- You experience an increase of pain
- You have any itching or discomfort (for itching dab Milk of Magnesia on the affected area for fast relief)
- If you wish to remove the tape you may apply baby oil or even olive oil to assist in removal.
Kinesio Tape facts:
- Always roll your Kinesio Tape off of your skin if you have a large amount of body hair, be sure to roll the tape in the same direction your hair grows.
- You may shower with the tape in place, be sure to pat the tape dry with a dry towel. Damp tape may cause irritation to your skin.
- Kinesio Tape works when you move your muscles and joints, therefore you should move as you normally would.
- Avoid lotions or oils to the taped area. This will cause the tape to come off.
To learn more about Kerri Whitehead click here or for an appointment call 941-727-1243.